Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blue Lines Anniversary (March 8th-9th 2009)

BLUELINESPosterweb

Today, March 8th 2009 is special. It's a landmark in my life, it's day one of filming on my MIAD senior thesis film Blue Lines. One year ago today, it was a Saturday and Rick Penaloza, Ross Edwards, my brother James and myself piled into the Chevy Impala and left the Milwaukee apartment at around 7:30am. I remember it being pretty cramped as the guys in the back seat were sharing space with filmmaking equipment. It was snowing hard that morning and we got on I-94 towards Chicago. I remember the trip on I-94 being quite treacherous as a matter a fact I remember quite vividly a car passing us going under an overpass and loosing control right in front of us. The car hit a patch of Ice and began to loose control. He got sideways and nearly brushed the center concrete divider before straitening out. It could have very well ended the whole film right there. After that I was a little worried that my actors might not make the trip. Thankfully everyone did make it. March 8th 2008 was the first day I met Mr. Tom Lodewyck. We had hit it off well over the phone, the guy could read my mind. I remember arriving at the Lily Lake Lounge and I saw the ultimate badass step out of his red Taurus. Camo pants and I remember thinking that guy is really tan. Next I met Mr. Ty Sutherland. He came strolling up the gravel driveway all smiles. I shook his hand and then we started to set up for the first scene in the kitchen. Ross made some kick ass coffee and my brother kept things loose with his usual awkward humor. After some set up time we got right to shooting, and pretty soon day one was completed. Tom and Ty were wonderful to work with, Ross and Rick my crew were my backbone, and our only casualty was my brother who went home sick. But that's ok because he was just being a slug anyway. We wrapped weekend one with success and now it was time to look forward to weekend two starting March 15th. A legend of acting would appear and steal the show. Stay tuned for my March 15th anniversary update.

BLUE LINES Trailer (Cross The Line) from Don Ford on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment